Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Precision Scan software & win 2k users 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyboy02

Technical User
May 13, 2002
GB
I have a HP scanjet 5370c installed on a PC running win2k. I am running the HP precisionscan software version 2.52. I have installed and tested this when logged in as an administrator and it all works fine. When I log in as a user I get a little icon of a scanner on the task bar which is a picture of a scanner with a cross through it (I.E. scanner not working!). If I right click on it it wants to query the Printer port even thought the scanner is plugged into the USB port and when I installed the software I ticked the box for USB not PP. This means that all users (unless setup with admin rights) can't use the scanner because it can't be found.
Has anybody else come across this and if so, how did they fix it?

Thanks!

Try adding the user locally as a Power User to see if that helps.

(1) Go into Control Panel
(2) Open up "Users and Passwords"
(3) Click on "Add"
(4) Enter the "Username" and "Domain" and click "Next"
(5) Under the "Other" tab click the down arror and choose
"Power Users".

Give this a shot to see if it works.

I find tht with some software I have to give user administrative rights , log on as user , install software then go back and take away administrative rights. the software will still be installed under that users profiles and it works. Learn something everyday or you wasted a day of your life.

I find that with some software I have to give user administrative rights , log on as user , install software then go back and take away administrative rights. the software will still be installed under that users profiles and it works. Learn something everyday or you wasted a day of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back