Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use Ras dialup for maintenance *9000*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperJenks

Vendor
Jun 8, 2005
US
Its been a long time since i posted here...lol

Does anybody know for sure if you can use ras service on the IP500 for remote maintenance. Here is what i have tried following the Avaya remote access document.

1. Ive enabled port1 on the atm4u for modem access

2. I tried using the default remotemanager user and tried creating a new user with password (made sure Dialin was enabled under user)

3. Verified the Ras service had the user in there..

4. Verified the incoming call route was there for remote manager with Dialin set up as anydata

5. Made sure DHCP server is enabled to assign remote computer an address

6. Enabled *9000*

7. Created a microsoft dialup connection on the remote PC with the user and password and correct dialup line.

Every time i try dialing in i get a modem tone but no response from IP500.

I found posts that this worked with the IP400 series if you had the modem2 card in place and i would agree with that because i have made this work before but not on a ip500.

Some have speculated that the modem in the ip500 only works for ISDN based calls.

Any advice would be great. thanks.

ACS IPO-I

Would you mind dialing into mine just to see if you can connect? If so, just let me know and I will give you the number. I really do appreciate your responses.

I am at home and have no analog line, just SIP trunks, sorry.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

Geld alleine macht nicht glücklich, aber es beruhigt ungemein

If you are on 6.0.8, you will have an issue with connecting. It is corrected in 6.0.14. We have many that we are accessing via the modem because of embedded and can consistanly connect with 2 of about 8 PC's.

That makes sense. I still cant connect to my ip500 (6.0.8) in my lab but yet we have two customers that we connect to via dialup. I think you're right about the pc's. Two of our dell laptops cant connect to the same IP500 that one of our desktops can. Very strange and inconsistent.

ACS IPO-I

Did 6.0.8 not have a problem that the checkbox "dial in" was unchecked on the remote manager user?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back