Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use Account feature button

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsunh

Programmer
Aug 23, 2003
AE
We have already implemented accound codes in our call centre, its working fine & we are also getting CDR reports for the account codes.

We programmed Account feature key on the digital phone but are not able to figure out as how to use the same. can any one suggest how to use this feature key?

Thanks in advance

To my knowledge, the 'account' button simply substitutes for the FAC that corresponds to the CDR Account Code Access Code.

You would use it in place of dialing the FAC. So people would place calls like this:

press 'Account'
dial account code
dial ARS access code (usually '9')
dial number to be called

You would want to turn on FEAC (Forced Entry of Account Codes) if you want to see an account code for every call.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Thanks for responding!!

Actually we also thought the same ,usually when we dial FAC for accound code manually, we get a tone & another tone when we punch in the accound code & finally a dial tone when dac is entered to make a outbound call.

So,according to above scenerio, when the account feature button is pressed,we should get a tone signalling to punch in accoundcode, but nothing happens, there is no activity, no tone just silence, the LED of the feature button blinks & thats all.we tried to trace the station also but no use, it does not dial fac by pressing the account button. At the same time if we try manually, every thing works fine..

Can any one suggest the reason or how to use this feature button?

we just upgraded to s8700 from G3siv6 for the first weak or so i could use list trace station command. For some reason now when i use this command my ASA just drops the connection after a min or so. can some one tell me what i need to look at??
thank you
RR

Use the "list trace" command in emulation, not GEDI.

Susan
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson (1894)

The 'account' button isn't one of those nice buttons that will activate a line appearance when you use it.

You have to get a dial tone (press speaker or pick up the handset) before you use it.

If you want people to press the 'account' button to be able to get a dial tone, and start dialing their account code and the number, then the old trick of putting the FAC in an autodial button works here.

Replace all the 'account' buttons on the phones with an autodial button with the FAC for account code access, and everything should work the way you want it to.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back