Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to use a Pole Display with FPW2.6 for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewsnow

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
PR
I have a POS program and I need use a Pole Display Logic Controls PD3000. I am using FoxPro Windows 2.6b. Every others devices are working well. Thanks for your help....

A lot depends on how you communicate with the pole. Does it communicate over a COM: port, Parallel port or a USB port? Does the documentation provide any protocol requirements?

Rick

The problem is that FPW2.6b does not open serial port. The Pole Display I have is serial. Exist a way I may use to send information to Pole?..
Thanks

While I did that with great success in Win 3.x, and some success in Win95, if you are running under Win NT / 2000 / XP / 2003 - which don't support direct access to any "hardware" - then you'll need to go through mscomm32.ocx and that's not possible in FPW, you'll need VFP.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back