Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to setup hotdesking on 3300 ICP Controlled (MCD 5.0 SP2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asayani

Technical User
May 31, 2005
CA
I need to setup a hotdesk user on the 3300 controller but don't know how, can you provide me with the complete instructions or direct me where I can get them?

thanks in advance

kwbmitel

sorry for the typos in my post to you.

No worries asayani, we get a few ESL posters here so I don't even notice spelling or grammer normally.

It would be helpful to all to let us know what was missed. Help us to help the next guy better.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

The hotdesk phoneset has to be reset to get the login screen on the hotdesk phoneset after changes made to hotdesk phoneset, otherwise you will see the following message

enter PIN and press super key
when I enter the PIN and press the superkey nothing happens, I get the same message.

When you have the system setup for hotdesk then you have to create a user hotdesk profile. That means you need a normal set with hot desk options in its COS and then you need a hotdesk profile for the users wanting to login. This is the same as going through the process to setup a phone but there is a checkbox for hotdesk. If you are short of user licenses ( the phone uses one as does the hotdesk profile ) then you can create device only phones that do not consume a license.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back