Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to setup ARS 911 for other area code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwhitmore

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2008
US
I'm setting up a few VoIP phones that will connect to our main IPO here in Austin. All of the people getting the new phones will be outside of Austin in different area codes. How can I setup 911 emergency ARS dialing for these folks?

simple answer, you cant... 911 goes by your carrier... you can however setup their phones with a shortcode like this

Dial
(number of their local police dept)
ARS

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

that will not work as they still will show up at the same address, do they have a local copper fax line at each remote site?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

even thou you call the correct pd number the police will show up at the site where the t1 is at so this will not work.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

I guess I could leave their existing digital phones in place since they are connected to the local IPO. thanks for the clarification.

sorry should have addded that.... you will have to tell them your location... but at least it will get to the right department

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

there are ways to have the PRI provider do this. it isnt cheap but they can set up a database for you that matches caller ID to locations. with SIP this can be done as well with VTN's and locations. we have done a lot of it.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Overhere you can do that but i do not know how it is arrange in the US.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I found out our provider is able to setup VTN numbers in each office. This will allow for local DID numbers and 911.

This should always be requested of the carriers up front to be sure they can do it, some do e911, some claim they can do e911, and some don't deny that they do not. Glad to hear your carrier is working something out for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back