Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to setup a new phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezchoice

Technical User
Jan 19, 2005
US
Hello all,

I am totally new to setup phone system. However, I could not avoid it becuase I have a new job.
Our company use Nortel Norstar Modular ICS 4.0 phone systems.
I have Modular ICS 4.0 system coordinator guide and Norstar Voice Mail 4.0 setup and operation guide. I seems so stupid and I could not setup a new phone and voice mail even with manual.
Can anyone help me and show me how do I setup a new phone and voice mail?

TIA

--
DP

Call a local vendor to set you straight on your system configuration and operation, programming.......

Did whoever hire you give you user names and passwords for the Norstar Gear?
Did they know you had no Norstar Experience?
No kick to you..but it seems odd these people expect you to be able to do this kind of work.
People fail to realize the importance of Norstar knowledge and how they can seriously put thier buisness in term oil as a result.
I would recommend a vendor, sure a lot of folks can walk you through this, but what happens if something then goes wrong..your tail will be on the line...
I'd recommend FletcherP...Vendor required....

Yes absolutely.
I don't understand how company's are hiring people and having them perform telephone duties with no telephony experience at all.
Basic telephony is not something you can learn by posting a couple of questions.
A manual will help until you make a mistake. Hiring a vendor is an investment, not a luxury. I cant believe so many companys put their communications in the hands of inexperienced people just to save a buck.
Gabriel

Thanks for all message. We have vendor already, but I want to know how to do.

Your vendor can explain it to you while onsite. This is what is most overlooked when someone hires a vendor to fix something. You are paying for it, get your money's worth. We can tell you, but they can show you.
Gabriel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back