Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up Voicemail on Hunt Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan737

Technical User
Oct 21, 2014
US
Currently, one of our main number rings to a hunt group.
Is it possible to set up voicemail on a hut group? if yes, how?

Thanks,

System type matters!

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Mitel 3300
Release Level 6.0 SP3
were using ESNA for Voicemail

Thanks

Ok that simplifies things

Normally I do not like associating MB's with Hunt groups as it makes turning on lamps very difficult.

The ESNA VM has lots of ways around this limitation though.

If you simply route the Hunt group to VM you can create an associated MB.

In the VM you could associate it with and do whatever you want with it from there.

How do I route the Hunt group to VM?

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Just piggy backing on the previous question, how do you route a mailbox to a specific users mailbox?
Just say I have hunt group 1111 and want it to divert to the mailbox of user 1234 when unanswered, how do I specify the mailbox?

Any help appreciated. Cheers

also realised I didn't list the system type:
Its a Mitel 3300, 7.1 (I think) - definitely 7.0 or higher

JCCDM

is it embedded or Nupoint

- we normally reroute to an acd path with SKG set to q no agents and nterflow 1 sec to a name tag hunt group
name tag hunt group is *EXT where EXT is mailbox

this works ok for embedded

for nupoint you can add the group ext as an associated number

BUT with Nupoint if there is any nametags involved in the call flow it is that number that has to be set as the associated mailbox

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thanks for that Billz66, it is an embedded voicemail so I will give it a go setting it up with the name tags.
Saw the reply on the other post too... half my questions on here involve asking for some sort of documentation haha

Cheers, Justin.

@JCCDM - It is best to start your own thread as OP(dan737) is emailed on each response and your issue is unrelated to his.

Be cautious with Nametag groups. Once a nametag always a nametag. If the terminating mailbox is used as an autoatt or the caller tries dialing out via zero, the call will ALWAYS associate with the nametag and will not route properly thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back