Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up date and time or NTP SERVER on avaya aura g450 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

subitt32

Technical User
May 20, 2015
PK
Dear tech members?

How can I change time on avaya aura g450 media gateway so it will be synchronised to all the avaya 1608 ip phones we have? The time is xouple of minutes ahead. We did checked in through the site admin and tried it to change by logging in to the system through browser but there is no option to change but only showing time and date? We are trying with super user.

Thanks in adv
Redards

Sounds like you're running CM 6.x. Phones don't get the time from the gateway - they get time from CM. The CM most likely gets its time from System Platform.

System Platform is a a virtualization base common to many Avaya products at release 6. You would install System Platform (like VMWare) and then within System Platform install one of a number of things - including CM.

System Platform manages a number of things for the virtual machines it hosts - including time. That's where you'd set time and NTP sync and need to reboot to do either of those things :).

Thanks for your quick reply kyle555, so there is no way to change the time without installing system platform on gateway itself?

Woah rewind ,,, as Kyle states the phones get the time from the communication manager application , communication manager now runs as a VM , this is in your case syncing with the system platform interface or cdom( another vm , forget about the gateway g4xx g6xx or g700 gateways have nothing to do with ntp

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Thanks montyzummer for tour input, bare with me as i have no previous experience with Avaya, so basically I have to install system platform as VM and then install CM? Any specific direction on how to solve this would be highly appreciated guys.

Thanks

You need to configure which NTP server to use in System Platform, if you don't have any experience I suggest you get someone who does to configure it, for example the ones who installed the system since you could argue that NTP should have been configured from the start.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

What version on CM are you running on? where you set the NTP server address will depending on which version you are running.

Dear DavidPayne,
Thanks for your reply. Kindly find below the output of 'swversion' command.

Operating system: Linux 2.6.18-128.AV14xen i686 i686
Built: Sep 24 00:54 2010

Contains: 00.1.510.1
CM Reports as: R016x.00.1.510.1
CM Release String: vcm-016-00.1.510.1

If I am not wrong, it's 6.00.1

Can you guide further on the subject.

Thanks

Ok, if you are on CM 6.x then your CM server are running as VM on system platform. AS kyle555 stated.
Each of you CM server will have several IP address one is the CDom (System plaform) You will need to find that IP address as well as the admin logins. You may have to contact Avaya for help with the logins if you do not have the in your documentations. The NTP server setting are set on the system platform, and to add or make a change will require a reboot of the CM. so this will be service affecting. The phone do not pull there time from the local gateway, unless the gateway is not registered back to the may system, and is running in survivable mode. In normal operation, all the phones, even at remote site will be getting there time from the main system. If you need to adjust for time zone you would do that in the locations table, And network region.

And you may want to take janni78 advise. Contact your business partner, or Avaya and have the make the corrections. Again, make changes to the NTP setting in system plafrom will be service affecting.

Thanks DavidPayne for your expert advice. the time has been changed from SP.
really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back