Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to search call history using a trunk number Mitel 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2023
US
We have a Mitel 3300 system, I can search who called an extension using LOGSYS READ SMDR ALL MATCH XXXX, but how do I get the same information if a user dials a trunk number? In my example we use trunk numbers for our overhead emergency paging and sometimes we need to quickly figure out who dialed that trunk group. I've tried doing LOGSYS READ SMDR ALL MATCH XX, (where xx is the trunk number), but it just acts as a wild card and does not show me the anything from the trunk calls.

Try using LOGSYS READ SMDR ALL MATCH T(and the paging trunk number - i.e. T01).

Unfortunately, that didn't get me results. It came back with LOGSYS warning: No more entries for SMDR log.
LOGSYS info: READ completed for SMDR log with 19994 entries.

Make sure the SMDR Options are set up, and the COS of both the stations and trunks have SMDR - Internal and SMDR - External enabled.

Check the COS for the paging trunks. SMDR Internal and External should be set to Yes.

are they using an ars code or direct trunk access.
why not put in an ars route to it and flag it as an emergency call - that way it will be added to the logs

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back