Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to integrate Avaya IPO SE with PMS Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loremtz

Technical User
Jun 11, 2013
MX
Hi everyone!
We are migrating us hospitality solution with an Avaya Communication Manager 4.X with Avaya Intuity and Oracle Hospitality OPERA VMS to a new solution based in Avaya IP Office Server Edition Select. We know how to migrate the CM to IPO but the hospitality integration is totallity unknowk for us. We need to find the way to integrate this Oracle to the new platform.

That's why I'm here, looking for someone with experience in this cases. I need to know what I need from IPO and If I need another server or connector to use the actual OPERA. I found this doc about PMS ORACLE compatible with IPO and CM/Intuity, but I don't know if I need to change the version of ORACLE or what to do:

*Oracle Hospitality OPERA Voice Mail System Interfaces
Oracle Hospitality OPERA VMS Interface for Avaya Intuity-V.P. Lodging - Serial Connection

*Oracle Hospitality OPERA Telephony Management System Interfaces
Oracle Hospitality OPERA TMS Interface for SOPHIE PMS - AVAYA IP OFFICE - TCPIP Connection

I have never used this but as long as this Orcale Hospitality Opera has a TAPI driver interface, you can use this with Avaya. Just download the TAPI drivers and test it.

Use Duvoice. Pretty much the best way to go.

NTSDirect

Thanks a lot for your answer.
@bahmonkeys, to use the TAPI driver, Need I add license for IPO? Is the CTI link Pro license needed?

@mkoker, we cannot change the PMS of our customer.

in the UK we use a product called telecom eye, and yes you would need a CTI pro licence.

Rob

DuVoice is not the PMS. Duvoice acts as the interface between the IP Office and the PMS. It also provides hospitality voicemail. The IP Office DOES NOT have hospitality voicemail. DuVoice is a DevConnect Partner. They've been dealing with Opera/Oracle for a very long time. You still need the CTI license on the IPO and 3rd party IP Endpoints if you plan on using it for room voicemail as well.

NTSDirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back