Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to fine edit an autoshape ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mubarak

Technical User
Dec 5, 2002
EG
I am in an urgent need for a "free" program which allows me to fine edit (to perform fine changes) on one of the MS Word built-in "auto shapes" (one of the banners). The editing options in MS Word (moving the handle) are few and not enough

mubarak,

Here's a long work-around -- MAYBE.

Copy and paste special IN POWERPOINT as a Picture.

Ungroup.

Copy and paste back to Excel

Now you can Edit Points in Excel for each shape in the set.

:)

Skip,

I simply print screen and paste into Paint. Do what I want with it and copy/paste it back into Word.

Hi Skip,

I can't help thinking that if the Word options are not enough that mubarak probably shouldn't be using Word autoshapes but I do like your suggestion. I would never have thought of that in a million years - have a star.

I played around a little with Powerpoint, Word (which was in the original question) and Excel, and the different Picture formats and got some very odd effects but couldn't see the benefit of using a second Application - Copy and Paste Special within Excel or Word seemed to work just as well.

Enjoy,
Tony

Thanks to: dreamboat, SkipVought, teresar, TonyJollans
for their intrest, prompt replies and suggestions.
Unfortunately, the problem still persists!
The same autoshape (a banner of a portrait paper, folded from top & below) exists in all the 3 applications (Word,Powerpoint & Exel), so I didn't get extra editing options by copying & special pasting it between the applications!
I already tried copying & or Print screening the shape to paint, unfortunately I lose the picture quality & it gives me dotted lines on printing !
The three applications just give me 2 options of editing:
1. resizing the shape
2. changing the degree (size) of the above & below paper
folds
On right cliking, the autoshape options, it does not containt :"edit shape", so I can't see the shape point's to change them!
What I realy want is to change the degee of outwards projection of the right side folding (without changing the degree or size of the folding itself)
Please help, if you like I can send you a drawing of what exactly I like to change in the shape (how will I send you this drawing?)
Many thanks

Email to anne@piersontech.com
Warning: I may determine that it cannot be done in WordArt or whatever, and may result to using my favorite, PhotoDraw, even if I have to recreate it...

You can just copy the drawn part or picture or whatever method into a blank doc and send that.

Anne Troy

Thanks Dreamboat

I sent the doc to your email address & waiting for your kind suggestions

Best regards,

Mubarak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back