Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To: Determine the Roles of Various Routes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidshq

MIS
Jan 3, 2011
US
I used ARTD to look at the settings for all the various routes and diagram out how they are utilized...but I'm not quite clear how routes correspond to physical trunks? There are many more routes than trunks?
Dave.

Hi. Physical trunks are part of routes. You have a group of trunks going to one carrier, that could be a route. It could be outgoing for local calls, could be a separate route for outgoing long-distance calls to a different carrier. You could have a separate incoming route. You could also simply have only one route to handle both incoming and outgoing traffic.

Use the LTRK command to match list out all the trunks you have, what's their LEN and what route they belong to.

Thanks. I did that, but it still seems that there are more trunks than we have physical trunks? I believe we have two PRI's and one T-1, but its showing up that we have around twenty routes...

I have seen that in pbx data base's before over the years they accumulate and they are rarely removed. Ltrk will tell you which ones are active Did you notice 901 902 905 trunk routes the are registers and are associated with 4 rst or 8 rst cards....

also, 909 is for conference trunks and route 31 is usually used for LCR.

Also, since you are using PRI there will be two routes for each PRI circiut. One for B channels (23 trunks)and One for D channel (2 trunks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back