Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to control wizbtns behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigasg

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
IS
I use the Wizbtns.vcx and wish include function to incremental record number just before user press save button.
I use the following code on the click add button.

*My incremental program the returns next record to default field in the main table then I call the default function with
txtbtns.cmdAdd::click
This works fine with only one table on the form.
The problem is when I add child table to the form and click the add button I get the AddRec form with choice to add record to parent, child or both.
What I want is to have wizbtns to behave as the child table does not exist. As a second choice I want my incremental value to appear as default keyValue in the AddRec form.
I will appreciate your help and comment on the above problem.

Since you have more than one table, Wizbtns doesn't know which table you are adding to. You may need to do a manual process like this in the button code:

SELECT Table1
APPEND BLANK
REPLACE IncrementField WITH ....
DODEFAULT() &&... whatever else wizbtns wants to do

-Dave S.-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

Dave
I think there are some misunderstanding here.
What I´m sayin is when I use form with a parent and child table together with foxpro wizbtns, the wizbtns sense the child table on the form, when the dodefault is executed the AddRec form popsup with choice to add record to parent, child or both .
I have noticed that if I put pageframe on the form and the tables and wizbtns on the page the AddRec wizard does popup and my incremental number shows up as default in the field as intended and everthing work as I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back