Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect NVM to an NT132 or MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnobTwidler

Technical User
Aug 14, 2007
AU
I'm a "Newbie" to the NT132's (or MICS). How do I connect one of the 2 port NVM units to an MICS ?
Which pins on the Amphenol connector do the two ports connect to ??
Any help would be appreciated (treat me like a 4 year old and tell me everything)

Thanks !

What version of software is the MICS, and the voicemail? The first thing you need to do is make sure they are compatible...

ajNtek
[ponytails]

Are you installing a Call Pilot (oval shaped cabinet with a low profile), a Startalk Flash (rectangular cabinet with a low profile), or a NAM/Applications Module (big cabinet. looks like the MICS)

The version of Voicemail is an NT Applications Unit with 742/144 NT5B78AL Rel 01 and the MICS is an NT132 S/W Cartridge Rel 01

Anymore help would be appreciated !!

Your NAM connects to the MICS via fiber optic cable. On the bottom of the vm, there's a proprietary fiber jack. The VM should have shipped with a patch cable. Connect it to an open fiber expansion port on the MICS, and power up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back