Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure an IVR callflow on MiVoice Business 10.1?

Richard_Harrow

Technical User
Aug 31, 2023
AE
Hi, so I'm fairly new to Mitel and recently, I've been trying to figure out how to upload the IVR greeting and make the IVR call flow on the MiVoice Business 10.1 platform.

I'm more of an Avaya guy and I haven't really worked too much with Mitel. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

That's going to depend on a few factors, like if you have MiCC with IVR licensing; or if you're trying to set up the IVR in voice mail, that will depend on which voice mail platform you have.

Depends on what you mean by IVR. In the truest sense, an IVR is Interactive Voice Response - like calling in and having voice recognition.

I've found over the years that a lot of folks coming into the voice world consider an Auto Attendant (press 1 for this, 2 for that) an IVR.

That said, on the Mitel MiVoice 10.1 platform - there are usually 2 types of voicemail used - either the internal (Embedded Voicemial) or MiCollab (NuPoint Unified Messaging).
And then it depends on the host platform that MiVB 10 is on.
EX or Virtual - you can have the Embedded Voicemail and it has a Call Director Call-Flow similar to that inside the NuPoint. I think this is also on the SMBC controller.
If you're using the Embedded Voicemail on the MXe-III, CX-II platforms, you're limited to the traditional Multi-Level Auto Attendant.

The NuPoint UM Call-Director/Call-Flow is quite simple - starting with "When I receive a call..." Build out the form as simple or as elaborate as you want.

Alternately, an Auto Attendant could be set up in the MiVoice Contact Center (MiCC) with appropriate licensing. I've found that this is very clumsy and not very common.

So, without more info, where exactly are you trying to build out the IVR?

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back