Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change exit message

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustin

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
RO
I want to change the message displayed ( "Are you sure you want to quit?" ) when I exit a program ( exe file ) built in Visual Fox 6.0

Use the ON SHUTDOWN [do SomeRoutine] command to specify what happens here. You can put up a wait window or whatever. Just remember that you should find out if the user wants to quit, no matter how you word it, and do something appropriate. You can also issue ON SHUTDOWN with nothing else to clear it, in which case you will clear the current ON SHUTDOWN command without replacing it. The help isn't much more complicated, but you should take a look anyway to understand it.

Dana

I start the application (exe file) from Windows ( XP ). When I close it I receive the message "Are you sure you want to quit?"

Find out what is being called when you select the exit option. Are you using a button or a menu option? Look at the code that runs when you click that button or choose that menu option. There's probably a messagebox call with that text, and you just need to change it.

-BP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back