Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change dn length on flash mail 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarke123

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2002
US
I have been trying to set up a "lab" in our switch room using left over norstar parts. I have a Mics and a flash mail. My intercomm on the sets has a 3 digit ic number and the mail will only accept 2 digit mailboxes is there a way to change the vmail to 3 digits or is it a software thing? Any help would be appriciated.

You have to reinstall the VM ,By this way you will erase everything and start from scratch.To do so after log in F983 and enter you admin mail box and the password.when you see Mbox AA, others then you will press 1 and you will see Pswd dial (REINSTALL),and press OK and itv will say reset database press YES,It will default and you will be able to reconfigure it again with your system as 3 digits.

Good Luck.

You need to reintstall vmail programming as it sounds like it still has the last companies programming.
Log into F983 then 120000 or 121234 then once your in press 1, password= (reinstall)724678255, this will wipe out programming. Once it exits then login using 266344 as password and config the system to your liking, it will read the 3 digits off the KSU automaticly.
spoclogo2.jpg

ok I did the reinstall and it reset. Now when I do f983 it says inactive feature. Ive worked on flash before but have never installed one, What do I do now? Thanks for your help

You have to do feat.903 first ,then you will be able to do feat 983.

Good Luck.

Great it worked. Thank you all very much.

now what is the password after f983? I tried 1020000 and 120000. f985 says inactive feature so I cant reset. Thanks again

When it asked for pswd .You enter CONFIG(266344).It will let you config. the VM and follow the sequence.after the VM been configured it will ask for log then you will enter 1020000.

Good Luck.

Aha it worked. I'll have to print this out in case I ever do install one. I owe you one. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back