Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change Caller ID 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggizod

Technical User
Aug 21, 2012
US
Hi guys. I have several users (h323 phones) remotely connected to IPO500 on site A with their own DIDs , all DIDs coming with PRI . These users are sitting on remote office B and must have different Caller ID (their own DID)than users on site A . All outgoing calls go through that PRI . I tried to put iDID number on the Incoming call route/Incoming number setting, but this didn't help yet, still sending call with Main office A caller id .
What else I can try to solve this issue ?
Thank you

1. I have shortcode on main ARS 50 sedning to PRI of site A : 9N / Dial 3K1 / NSinumber of site A/ 50 which I see takes precedence over my user shortcode. Is there a way to get around this ARS route ? I don't want to change this ARS cause it will affect to many users . Is there a way to get around this ARS route ?

2. I found the trick with E on the short code I can setup in the ARS so it will put last digits as extension number of who is dialing . Will it use Hunt group number if extension is in Hunt group ? If yes , is it enough if I just setup new SC with E in the ARS OR I will need SC on user level too ?
Thank you

At the remote site system short code 9N/Dial/9N/ARS and inside ARS 9N/Dial/9NS1234567E/SCNLineGroup

At the PRI site 9N/Dial/N/ARS as system short code and N/Dial/N/PRILineGroup (or whatever additional prefix is needed) in ARS.

I have made setup like this systema has pri system b has scn connectivity with system a and uses pri of system a.User of system b uses a pri for outdial and to set desired caller ID I programmed in user short code of system b
0N/0Ns66744782/1 last three digits will be shown on reciving party

no guys , no scn . I have several users (h323 phones) remotely connected to IPO500 on site A with their own DIDs , connected and registered on the same IPO500 on site A . Short code .s(DID) doesn't work , when user dialing 11 digits user's phone with that short code starting to call after 3rd or 4th digits, thus phone /short code is not allowing that user to dial all 11 digits.

1. I have shortcode on main ARS 50 sedning to PRI of site A : 9N / Dial 3K1 / NSinumber of site A/ 50 which I see takes precedence over my user shortcode. Is there a way to get around this ARS route ?
2. I found the trick with E on the short code I can setup in the ARS so it will put last digits as extension number of who is dialing . Will it use Hunt group number if extension is in Hunt group ?

No, a hunt group cannot dial out.
Use a separate ARS table and in User>Shortcodes send all dialled digits to that ARS, e.g. ?/./Separate ARS

wow intigrant this is good way , so I will have SC on the user 9N/NSinumber of DID/dial/ARS number and on ARS 1N/N/Dial/Line group number , right ? and I assume SC on the user level should insert DID number to field N of ARS , correct ?

Correct. If you have a chain of dial short codes like User SC - ARS SC - systemB system SC - systemB ARS SC the first configured DID to send is used. Even if further SCs follow to send a different DID.

For these HG users I would create a separate ARS with NSi<HG_DID> and create a short code 9N/Dial9N/HG-ARS at the user level. Either for each user or through user rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back