Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Many

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmoore0001

Programmer
Dec 3, 2002
US
Guys, I was looking for an honest estimate on the number of Visual FoxPro programmers in the world and the number of Visual FoxPro installations. I have a Boss who seems to get bored easily (he is not a programmer) and is considering a switch to Visual Basic or Delphi because they are more 'popular'.

Any ammo is appreciated.

Frank

Do a keyword search in this forum for Visual Basic. You'll find all sorts of opinions and facts regarding a switch or conversion, not to mention the future of VFP.
Dave S.

More popular for what?

I have Visual BASIC here and I bet I'm counted in the number of VB developers out there because I have a legitimate copy of it. However, I don't use it, never have used it, and don't see any reason to use as long as I intend to do desktop and front-end database work. For that area I will continue to use Visual FoxPro.

==Carl
Carl Warner
VFUG Officer,

HI,

Most popular (sample: accounting) applications written in VFP might help build your case. SBT Accounting (now ACCPAC), AccountMate, VisualAdvance, etc. are among few. There must be thousands of them installed all over the world.

Peping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back