Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Import encrypted data from Microsoft Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdam

Programmer
Oct 28, 2001
AR
Hello

I have a "petite" problem. A customer would thank me very much if I get from his actual system his articles so that he don't have to input them again...
These datas are in a Microsoft Access Database.
They're saved with a password... Anyone knows any system UNDER VFP to open this database? I've read some solutions but under VB and I don't know that language.

Many thanks.

Héctor

This forum doesn't like to discuss problems with passwords but if this helps as far as extracting data, then please visit the link below:

How to import table structures and data from Microsoft Access to Visual FoxPro

Good luck

Visual FoxPro Versions: 6 & 9
Operating System: Windows XP

I'm really very sorry keepingbusy...

I'm not trying to invade any security system...

Actually many of my costumers are unpleased with their programmers or have bought "enlatados" (I don't know the english expression) and the program doesn't do what they need...

I cant solve the problem opening the database with "fopen" and programming anything to rescue the data I need total or partially... That's what I always do and that's surely what I'll have to do this time too...

I will not repeat this kind of question...

I hope God pardon me.

Héctor

hdam,

Assuming that you know the username and password for the MDB you are trying to access (or that you can get the username and password from the customer who owns the database), then you should be able to use the code at the link that keepingbusy has given you above.

One change you'll need to make is to the SQLSTRINGCONNECT() line, which will be something like this instead:

SQLSTRINGCONNECT("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=C:\mydatabase.mdb;Uid=myusername;Pwd=mypassword;")

...replace the values for DBQ, UID, and PWD with your own values depending on where the mdb is on your system and what the username and password are for it.

However, if your question is how to break the password on an MDB, then keepingbusy is right. This isn't the forum for a question like that.

boyd.gif

Good Morning!!!

Thank you very much for your attention!!!

Craigsboyd:

An enterprise selling Fiscal Printers sold my customer a "Package" for its printer and its developpers had the great idea of encrypting datas with password. I think the day I prupose myself protect my datas with password I will do the same. Sometimes I suspect any customer's worker put his fingers where no one called him...

But I don't have the... knowledgement? (Excuse my English) and I don't worry about that now.

I wouldn't admit anyone asked me about any password I use to close datas... And I can't do the same calling that Enterprise to know the password.

Every time I had to ask to any enterprise for a password (Prices lists in Excel for example to export to my system) they answered me with evasives... No one told me: "We don't give that information" Everyone tell "The person who knows the password it hasn't come today..."

Do you think this time I might be more lucky?

However I think your answer could work. I'll have to return to my anxious customer and open any Access project to see his username and eventually ask his password. Perhaps HE is lucky ;)

Tecnically yes... I want to break an Access Password but... if I can't get it... the job of inputting most of data will be of my customer... I'll buy ice for his fingers...

Do you understand?

Don't worry. I've understood too. And you're (all) right.

Thank you

-------------------------

Lee: (Keepingbusy)

You're right and I know God has not to pardon me for this.

Excuse me. I didn't like finding me "nagged" but sometimes it's necesary.

-----------------------------------

Mike:

Yes, Mike. It most be "packages"... Cheap but... Some of them works really well. After a year of learning how to use it...

Thank you.

Héctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back