Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you manage free extension in IP Office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HantzT

Technical User
Feb 24, 2014
CA
Here is a Basic question for a Basic function.

The process of creating a new User Profile in Avaya IP Office (Ver. 11.0.4.6.0 build 18) requires to find a free extension. Quite simple.
But the process of finding a free extension is not so easy, especially when there is a few hundred extensions to sift through.

Is there a way to easily/quick way to find the free extensions?

you can sort the extensions by number and go through it but if you just create a new user then it will add 1 to the highest number in the system. Highest number in groups and users though.
That makes sure you don't create a duplicate but sorting it is the best way to find it in Manager

You can also export the config into a .cas file and then open it in Excel and do your sorting there and maybe that works better for you.

derfloh
you probably forgot to attach something to your post

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Westi

Yeah! That's the way I do it right now but I find that method lacking and inefficient!
So I was wondering if it was only me who was not working correctly! Thanks though!

derfloh

Thanks! I've tried that but I'm unable to get this code working I'm unable to access the SCN_Files.
If I was able to get the Powershell script working, I would have surely used it!
But for me, nothing works in this script!

Hello HantzT
I am afraid that is the only way to go about this as far as I know. I started on R1.1 with the IPO and maybe I have missed some sneaky way to make this better but I keep on doing it the same way for 20 years so I guess nobody mentioned it here that there is a better way.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Westi

Thanks buddy!
Then I will keep working on getting the Power Shell Script working since this method looks like the most promising!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back