Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do I Send Calls Without Impacting Bridged Appearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2008
US
Hello, this is driving me crazy... we have two 9650 reception phones with SMB24 sidecars - Each person has their own extension plus several bridged appearances of the Reception number (plus two other numbers) with Send Calls buttons specific to the Bridged appearances as well. (This is so they can elect to not answer certain types of calls when they're really busy.)

When one person is out during business hours, what is the easiest way to activate Send Calls for her direct extension without SendAllCalls taking over for ALL of the bridged appearances on her phone as well? As I'm sure you know, the station form doesn't allow me to specify her extension.

As a last resort we selected her line appearance and used the feature code, but there's no visual cue to remind her to then manually take it off when she returns. A terminating extension group might be a workaround, but they like seeing the calls come in on designated buttons, so they can see at a glance what kind of call it is.

We're using CM 5.2
Thanks - any useful advice would be most appreciated!

In addition, I've found that activating Send Calls programmed for a bridged extension ALSO activates SAC for the main number on the phone as well. Not always a good thing.

Set up the Remote Send-All Calls FAC.

Code:
[b]display feature-access-codes[/b]
Remote Send All Calls Activation: 150    Deactivation: 151

Dial that along with the extension you want to set SAC on. The end user will see an icon to the left of her extension on the top line (same line as Date/Time). It will look similar to the hard Forward button on a 9630...

Something like this: [=

This will indicate the phone has been forwarded/or is in Send-All Calls. She can then press the related FAC (typically #2 or #3) to disable SAC or Call-Forward. For her to identify which mode is active, she would hit the right arrow key in the middle of the phone and scroll down until she see's a light next to the related feature (SAC or Call-FWD).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Great tip - thank you! One note: It does appear that one must have console permissions in order to activate Remote Send All.

Through playing with this feature today, I discovered that by moving the SAC buttons for the other extensions off the soft keys below the display screen and over to the sidecar, the interaction problem between SAC for the phone's main extension and the other bridged extensions went away, and they're quite happy with that solution.

I will tuck this away for the future - it will come in handy in cases where the phone doesn't have a sidecar.

Thanks again for your quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back