Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I program a COR to restrict LD, with exceptions to Local-Toll

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTelecom

MIS
May 7, 2003
US
I have a G3siV6. I programmed COR 2 with an FRL 2. The Calling Party Resriction is set at all-toll. I want users to be able to dial local-toll area codes like: 310, 323, 562, & 818 & 626. However, they're not able to dial out at all. I've tested and it's acting like an "outward" restriction. They can't even dial the NPA (213) or 800#'s. I have checked the route-patterns and they are:
Grp. FRL NPA Pfx
2 2 213 1
11 4 1
213 2 1

I looked at the ars ana and 1562 was not there, only 1500. Do I have to program it in the ars? If so, do I program it as a fnpa or a hnpa?

I appreciate your help on this.
PCTelecom

Another addition to the above...
The COR 4, with an FRL of 4, has Calling Party Restriction: none. This COR allows users to dial long distance.

Thanks!

You also have to look at what cor's are assigned to both your users and trunks and what the frl's are on those cor's
Your users frl shoul be higher than the trunk group that needs to be accessed.

Thank you for your response...
The FRL for the Outgoing Trunks is 2.
I have tried setting up the COR with FRL's: 1, 2, & 3 and it still doesn't work. The users aren't able to dial out at all. In addition, I added all of the above area codes with a Route-Pattern 2, which has an FRL of 2.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

PCT

I programmed a COR 3 with an FRL of 3. I set it to "None" and they can dial the world, however, when I set it to "All-Toll" they can't dial out at all...HELP!

I have more of a question than an answer. I hope this is not an un acceptable behavior here but has anyone ever tried a time of day class of restriction? What I would like to do on certain phones is give outcall privilages for business hours and shut them down for after hours. The guy I work with and I tried but to no avail...A predesessor of mine also tried. I referred to my Definity City and it did not mention "Time Of Day COR"
Currently running G3R with plans to migrate to S8700 in the next year.
I am green at some of this and not as skilled as others. So I seek knowlege
thx
Jim

I have more of a question than an answer. I hope this is not an un acceptable behavior here but has anyone ever tried a time of day class of restriction. What i would like to do on certain phones is give outcall privilages for business hours and shut them down for after hours. The guy I work with amd I tried but to no avail...I referred to my Definity City and it did not mention "Time Of Day COR"
Currently running G3R with plans to migrate to S8700 in the next year.
I am green at some of this and not as skilled as others. So I seek knowlege
thx
Jim

Does anyone know how to program the FRL? And what commands are issued to get to that point?

Thanks in advance.

If you have it set to all toll, you are forcing calls to reference the Toll analysis form (change Toll X) before the call even gets to ARS. You have to modify the entries in there.

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back