Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I make a call ring BOTH on an extension and external number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibuor

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2010
KE
Hi,

I'd like to know if it is possible to make a phone ring both on an extn NNNN and external number NNNNNNNNNNN. I am using ACM 5.2.1.

How is it configured?

Secondly where do I find documentation on ECM (Extension to Cellular)?

Thanks

What you are looking for is EC500. And "off PBX station".
Look up those terms and you should find what you need.

You have a couple of options regarding that….

You can use EC 500 which will ring the phone and extension, just be sure to understand the amount of trunks that you have available because each call uses 2 trunks.

You would need to goto

Change off-pbx-telephone station-mapping (enter the station number)
Change off-pbx-telephone configuration-set
Change station (XXXX) and add and EC 500 button to the phone

Or

You could manage this with coverage paths and coverage remote, but EC 500 would be the best option in my opinion.

Try this link for further details

1. EC500 Extension to Cellular Release 4 Installation and ...

If you apply the EC500 feature to an extension, remember you will have to allow the call forwarding off net option in the COS form.

(Restrict Call Fwd-Off Net= set to "N"

Also the EC500 feature can be turned on or off remotely from anywhere. It's a cool feature.

Can the other phone be "any" external number other than a mobile phone?

sibuor.

A few neat things about the EC500 feature when it's using your cell phone.

If you need to leave your office but your talking to someone, you simply hit a programmed "extend button" and the call in progress automatically gets sent to your cell phone.

Also if you receive a call and answer it on your cell phone you can pick the call up on your office phone when you get there.

Being able to toggle the feature on and off remotely sells this feature.

Mike

I need a helper to hold my hands doing this thing and at some point we agree on what I give back. rw at oldonyolaro dot com is where I am. Plus some stuff on auto attendant confif on ACM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back