Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I get rid of the "External (" tag on my caller ID? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zax123

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2006
CA
Hi all,

I recently set up an IP Office SoE with a SIP trunk. When an external call comes in the name portion of the caller ID says "External (#CALLER NAME#)" with #CALLER NAME# replaced by the actual name.

I can't seem to find out how to get rid of that. As soon as I pick up the phone on a 5410 for example, the caller id changes to #CALLER NAME# properly, so I know that the "External (" is coming from the Avaya system and not the SIP provider.

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of that "External ( )" tag? Thanks!

Robert

Here is the fixed

GO to the SYSTEM ---> Telephony---> remove the tick from the check box the say "visually differentiate external call

Thanks, Kicker!

I looked and don't have that option in System/Telephony. Perhaps because I am on 4.2. I did a search in the help and still can't find anything close to that option.

Would you know how to do it in 4.2? The SoE can't take 5.0 or 6.0... Thanks!

Robert

I read about that option. It's new in 5.0 but only affects the lamp on certain models of phone, not the caller ID display...

So odd that I can't seem to find this. It doesn't happen on another IP Office system that I have set up.

Is there anything in the tag field of the incoming call route?

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Nope, that field is blank. Should I put something there?

I tried putting something in the tag field, and all it does is send that as the CNAME when there's a call. I thought it might send the tag and the incoming CNAME, but instead it sends only the tag.

So I still have word "External" prefixing all my incoming caller id names...

Anyone?

You could try to make an incoming call route only for those call which do not send there number
Then you can tag those.

Incoming CLI: Default = Blank (Match all)
Enter a number to match the caller's ICLID provided with the call. This field is matched left-to-right. Number options are:

· Full telephone number.

· Partial telephone number, for example just the area code.

· ! : Matches calls where the ICLID was withheld.

· ? : for number unavailable.

· Blank for all.

Try the ? or !

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Peter, thanks for the suggestion, but I think you misunderstand my problem.

Right now, all calls that come in with a caller ID NAME from my SIP provider have "External (" prefixed to them on my phone displays. Only once I answer the call does the display change back to the name without the "External (" prefix.

For calls coming in with no name, I'm ok with having no name appear, don't need a tag on them.

Thanks.

Here's a capture from Monitor to show where it turns "MYCOMPANY" into "External (MYCOMPANY)" for no apparent reason: (numbers and names have been changed to protect the innocent)

170826633mS CMExtnTx: v=4201, p1=0
CMSetup
Line: type=AnalogueExtn 2 Call: lid=0 id=1 in=0
Called[4201] Type=Unknown (0) Reason=CMDRdirect SndComp Calling[8005551212] Type=Unknown Plan=Default Pres=Allowed (0)
BC: CMTC=Speech CMTM=Circuit CMTR=64 CMST=Default CMU1=ULaw
BChan: slot=0 chan=9
IE CMIERespondingPartyName (228) MYCOMPANY
IE CMIERespondingPartyNumber (230)(P:0 S:100 T:0 N:100 R:4) number=8005551212@67.205.74.164
IE CMIEMediaWaitForConnect (16) CMIEMediaWaitForConnect
IE CMIEDeviceDetail (231) LOCALE=enu HW=5 VER=4 class=CMDeviceSIPTrunk type=0 number=9 channel=0 rx_gain=32 tx_gain=32 ep_callid=1208 ipaddr=10.50.200.10 apps=0
IE CMIECalledPartyName (224) UnityCordless
IE CMIECalledPartyKName (225) Unity Cordless
IE CMIEIcrPriorityDetail (239) Priority = 1
IE CMIEDIDNumber (245)(P:100 S:100 T:100 N:100 R:4) number=8005551212@10.50.200.10
IE CMIEMohSourceId (247) MOH Source = 1
UUI type=Local [......#Pd.] [0x01 0x01 0x00 0x00 0x01 0x14 0x23 0x50 0x64 0x00 ]
Display [External(MYCOMPANY)]
Timed: 08/05/10 09:13
Locale: enu

is there anything named external in the system. a hunt group or user, short code.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Kevin,

That's a good guess... but I searched the whole system I don't see anything called External. The hunt group is called UnityMain, the incoming call routes can't be named, etc...

I'll keep looking though, hopefully I'll find something. This is getting REALLY frustrating!!

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back