Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change how calls to our Operatores are handled by the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhallett

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
We recently had a Mitel 3300 installed to replace our Nortel Opt 71.

With the old system I had calls to the Operator, both external and internal, intercepted after about 15 seconds, the caller given an "all agents are busy" message, and the call placed on hold until another Operator was available.

Management, which originally wanted those calls to simply remain ringing on the Operator consoles, now wants the Mitel 3300 to do the same thing as I had the previous system doing and I do not know, nor do I seem to be able to find in the help document, how to accomplish this.

Meanwhile, I'll be wasting away in Mitel Helpdocville.

Respectfully.
Harry Hallett
Telecommunication Systems Technician
The Queen Mary Hotel

Assuming you are actually using consoles of some flavor or another the solution is quite simple.

Also assuming you already know how to create a Recorded Annoucement Device/ recording.

Then create a RAD hunt group and place the device providing the announcement in the group

Then create a 1st alternative call re-routing to the RAD hunt group

Then assign the 1st Alt to the LDN of the console.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I'm sorry that I didn't include that we're using 5550 consoles.

And thanks for the information.

Respectfully.
Harry Hallett
Telecommunication Systems Technician
The Queen Mary Hotel

if you d'on't have 5550 you can also use ACD group to realize it

Search for Attendant Overflow in the Help files. The RAD programming steps are at the bottom of this description.

RAD - Attendant Overflow

Attendant Overflow provides a recorded message for calls which have not been answered by the attendant within a programmable time. Without this feature callers could be forced to listen to ringback for several minutes during peak traffic times.

The system queues incoming calls against the attendant and gives the caller ringback. Calls that are not answered within a programmable time are connected to a recorded message. After the message is finished, the caller is connected to a music source and remains queued against the attendant or is rerouted to the attendants second alternate destination

Think SXWizard has the required soluton.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back