Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I assign a specific outgoing line (PRI-DID) to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EduardoYus

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2005
US
Hello all,

I have a dual personality, wearing two hats and working for two companies :)

I have an i2004 IP phone with 3 line appearances, first two are "intercom" and when pressed provide dial tone to make outgoing calls using the programmed route of our pool "PRI-A" lines. The third is a line appearance for the second personality with a specific DID (from the same PRI) assigned to me. I would like to be able to press that button to make an outgoing call that would in turn display that DID as caller-id.

Thanks in advance.

Eduardo

Because you have a PRI:
You can't use the appearence of a DID to make calls out, they are for incoming only. As far as what number shows up in outgoing caller ID, only one number per set.

hope this helps.

tech's right. you have to dial the pool access code for dialling out.

OLI is the key put it on the set all calls made from that set will display DID #

If the OLI dosen't get sent out you will have to ask tel co to allow it to pass thru . Sometimes they will block it and all you get is the main DID .

Well, as "SRC1" stated:
"... OLI is the key put it on the set all calls made from that set will display DID # ..."

So, I don't think OLI is it, since it would apply to all calls from that set (unless I'm missing something).

I need to send two different Caller-id's, one for "regular" calls generated by using the generic "Intercom"
keys and a different Caller-id when I press the specific Intercom key assigned to the DID.

Thanks,

Eduardo

If you are talking about setting up two different numbers to show up on outbound calls from the same set, then no only one can be set up. This again is set up through public OLI and is usually programmed as the users DID or the company main #. This again is because you are working with a PRI with DID's.

If, for example, you had analog trunks and had maybe two assigned to that phone, then yes using one or the other will show that number.

Thanks for the answers, I guess it can't be done then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back