Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I add SIP Trunk Caller ID Name on outbound calls with AT&T SIP and R9.1.6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffthephoneguy

Programmer
Jul 20, 2009
US
I have a IPO with R9.1.6 with AT&T SIP trunks. We control the outbound caller ID name and number. I get the number working but not the name. I tried to add the name in the ARS NS3055555555"ADC COMP" but its not working.How do I set the name if the system is using the SIP tab in user to send the number?

Jeff
"the phone guy"
ACSS-SME
APSS-SME

I believe the line provider needs to send the name as well

Correct, the carrier needs to accept the name and send it on. It's not a given that they do that.

New England Communications

they just told me that I have control from my PBX. I remember reading something about it in an Avaya tech note or something. Some one will know... I think you have to put it in the number field, but not sure if I need to do an "NSi3055551212"ABC Company"

Jeff
"the phone guy"
ACSS-SME
APSS-SME

I found it... Its a "Z", you can only send one thing in a field, so in the short code I put NZ"ABC Company" and in the SIP tab under the user I have the number.

Jeff
"the phone guy"
ACSS-SME
APSS-SME

You've got brains you didn't know you had!

Here's a witty rejoinder for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back