Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I cancel auto hands free answering? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxophobe

MIS
Mar 3, 2006
US
We have an NEAX 2000 IPS, and one of our users has some how set his phone to automatically answer and go to speakerphone, which is not only annoying, but also a security risk.

I know he must have fat-fingered something to get this phone to do this, but for the life of me I haven't found out how to cancel this function. It's probably something really easy, I just haven't found it yet.

If anyone has a quick/easy fix for this, I would really appreciate all your assistance!

Thanks in advance!

sax

It sounds like you have Voice Call/Ring Tone Programming set
in Command 200. Look in 200 Nunbering Plan and start at A0
and enter through to see what access code (Ex. A1) is for feature A163 and go to that phone and dial that access code. It sounds like it is now set to Voice when called.
Good Luck!

Thanks for your reply, NECPBX!

Here's what I have for CM 200>

A0:A081-
A1:A004-
A2:A007-
A3:A016-
A4:A006-
A5:A010-
A6:A012-
A7:NONE-
A8:A022-
A9:A040-
B0:NONE-
B1:A005-
B2:A125-
B3:A017-
B4:NONE-
B5:A011-
B6:A013-
B7:A019-
B8:A023-
B9:A041-
DATA ERROR

As you can see, we don't have A163 setup for anything. Is there anything else it could be?

Thanks again for your quick reply!

sax

Oh! I also forgot to mention that this ONLY happens with internal calls. Calls from outside ring the phone as normal.

Thanks again!

sax

Make 200>A7>A163 and go to phone and try.
And this will only happen on internal calls.

So when you say "and go to phone and try," exactly what should I be entering? Speaker > A7? Just A7? Feature > A7?

Sorry, I don't mean to be obtuse, but I tried Speaker > A7, and the symptom persists.

Thanks for your help, NECPBX!

sax

on the dial pad
A= the * key
B= the # key
So therefore you should goto phone and press
speaker then dial *7 then a 1
let me know what happens

I believe that worked! I did as you said and called him from another station and it rings now!

Thanks so much for the quick fix, NECPBX!

sax

You might want to delete that access code so nobody else sets Voice instead of Ring.
200>A7>A163:CCC execute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back