Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOTLINE PROJECT W/ 2 PHONES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2011
US
Okay, so the company president wants a hotline setup.
We've got an 1000cse and call pilot w/application builder.

Task requires "welcome message" when dialing Hotline (####)
Welcome message transfers call to President.
If no answer, call needs to be routed to VP.

Here's my problem. Application Builder doesn't override the phones programming and if no answer is performed, it hunts to the first person's voicemail rather than transfering to second person.

Anyone got a suggesstion on best way to deal with this?

They both have 3904 models so adding an extra extension isn't a problem.
Problem however is that once the phone rings on Pres phone it routes to unit's voice mailbox. LHK is set for 1 (primary -0 and secondary -1) So even when I programm it on key 2, or any other, it still ends up on 1st phone's voicemailbox.

I've tried building an ACD but even there, it's just ringing non stop and not following the flow from the application builder.

SFA (2ndary forward no answer)might be your answer. However it will work on all calls, not just the hotline calls.

Have the Presidents phone set up to hunt and forward to the VP and the VP's phone set up to Hunt and Forward to VM. You will need to put SFA on the VP's phone so if the call is an extension call to the Pres. it will end up in his mailbox. Keep in mind the originally dialed # is carried into Call Pilot.

KCFLHRC,
I'm using my phone as the testing unit and after i've modified to your suggestion.

The app is live in SDN and when anyone calls 3011 it properly transfers to 3012, My Phone.

However once it hits my phone, the call attempts to route to it's own vm (which doesn't exist - since it should transfer to ext. 3013 per Application Builder)
I've added to this thread my configuration on my phone.

DES 4255
TN ############# VIRTUAL
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
AOM 0
ERL 0
FDN 7399
TGAR 9
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA ADD HFA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG4
POD DSX VMD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFA MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXA ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHA FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTC MCBN
CDMR MCDD T87D PKCH
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 3013
LHK 1
PLEV 02
DANI NO
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 2625 0 MARP
CPND
NAME David Medellin
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 5625 0 MARP
CPND
NAME David Medellin
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 SCR 3012 0 MARP
03 AO6
04 CFW 12 ********
05 MWK 7399
06 MSB
08 ADL 16
09 ADL 16
10 ADL 16
11 ADL 16
12 ADL 16 ***********
13 ADL 8 ********
14 ADL 8 ********
DATE 18 JUN 2012

To recap, any call made to phone should route to VM if no answer, however this new number on key 02 should forward to 3013.

Change your FDN to 3013 for a no answer condition. Hunt is only for a bsy condition.

changing FDN to 3013 works in transfering the call. LOL.. it also transfers all calls to 3013 when phone is busy or MSB, instead of going to my voicemail. So it's kind of working as long as I never want any messages in my voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back