Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot Desk user not displaying name when dialed 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coral Terrace

Technical User
Feb 12, 2018
US
I have a few Hot Desk users that have their calls forwarded to their cell phones and I notice when I dial their extensions the call is forwarded properly but only the extension number but not their full name is not show on the display as it does for users with actual handsets, is this normal? I do have their full names entered into their user profile like all other users.

Have you tried under the phone features itself and tell it to show the name? off by default

Thank you. This did not work.

For example Ext-201 ( 5420 handset ) dials ext-202 ( 5420 handset ) the name is displayed to Ext-201. However when Ext-201 dials ext-250 ( virtual user no handset ) Ext-201's handset display will only show the digits 250 but will not show the name of the person they are calling at Ext-250.

How do you call a user without a handset? Where does it ring and NOT show anything

Joe W.

FHandw, just expired ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

This is a virtual user extension number that is used for Hot Desking and also has their calls forwarded to their cell.

Use mobile twinning instead of unconditional forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back