Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Holiday Tables and managing groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariadne

MIS
Jul 5, 2002
US
I work at a 1300 seat call centre. We have so many different groups and departments and every group has different hours going into the Christmas holidays.

Given that we have G3/Version 12, we only have 10 holiday tables-- which is not enough for our company.

Does anyone have any potential solutions outside of using a skill/agent login to control for the hours? (ie. extended hrs agent logged in, bypasses existing hrs of op, to keep centre open until that agent is logged out...

could you add a "goto _ if staffed-agents in skill _ > 0" step into your vectors?

i have one of these steps in in my vectors for a dept that only works every other saturday.

That's only as good as the agents are at logging out correctly and unfortunately, with the hours our centre is open, managers/supervisors will not be present until shift end which means that no one is available to logout any agents that have forgotten to.

Ariadne,

if you have variables in vectors (and you have it if you're running latest cm2 which is 2.2.1, or at least 2.1.1) you may consider using them to bypass these out-of-hours conditions.

If you have CMS and use the terminal emulator you could set up Timetables to change things around.

I set up Timetables to move certain VDNs to different holiday vectors based on when the groups close up for holidays.

I guess upgrading to CM3.0 which has 99 holiday tables is not an option?

We do have CMS so potentially I could use a timetable if I can figure it out in time. :) I will work on that...

As for upgrading, that isn't going to happen between now and Friday when our holiday hours start going CRAZY! It will be in the spring before we think of doing such an upgrade.

As Dwalin had mention, variables in vectors can be used. I would use the "doy" (day of year) and "tod" (time of day) type variables.

For example, if calls to vector 1 should be rerouted to vector 100 on New Years Eve, then do the following:
1) change variables
Var=A Type=doy
2) change vector 1
01 goto vector 100 if A = 365
02 goto ...<queue to skill, etc>...
3) change vector 100
01 disconnect after hearing <"happy holidays">

Now let's say you want to reroute to vector 100 on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, then use a VECTOR ROUTING TABLE and specify the days in this table...
1) change variables
Var=A Type=doy
2) change vrt 1
3) change vector 1
01 goto vector 100 if A in table 1

(Note: that "table" in "if A in table 1" refers to
vector routing table 1, not holiday table. As you know
to reference holiday table 1 you'll need the
"if holiday in table 1")

4) change vector 100

Use the "tod" variable if people work part-time (9am-noon) on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day...

1) change variables
Var=A Type=doy
Var=B Type=tod
2) change vrt 1
3) change vector 1
01 goto step 4 if A in table 1
04 goto vector 100 if B < 0900
05 goto vector 100 if B > 1200
06 goto step 2 if unconditionally

4) change vector 100

Hopefully you get the idea.

You're basically creating your own holiday table within the vector and using vector routing tables as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back