Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hold Button Disappears on 9608 phones when multiple calls come in

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPM2S

Programmer
Sep 22, 2015
US
Guys,

I have a group of phones that when on a call and another call comes in they can press the hold key. When a third caller comes in, the hold button disappears and that caller cannot be put on hold for them to go back to one of the first 2 callers. I have enabled Caller ID on all the extensions. Does anyone have any other tricks I can try to eliminate this from happening?

But why would the Hold button go away?

If you press the CA button for the ringing call the first call should be put on hold automatically.
Pressing Hold is usually when you just have one call you wanna put on hold while doing something else.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

how many call appearances does you have programmed on that phone?

do you have the reserve last call appearance enabled

No, I do not, do you think that will help? I will enable it on all extensions.

Reserve Last CA is essential!
Unfortunately Avaya stupidly left the default a off.

reserve last CA means that their is always at least 1 free appearance key for you to use to make a call, if you have calls ringing on all of your keys you have no appearance available to make a transfer call.
(I hate appearance keys, much prefer the operation of an SLT & see FAQ950-7663for my opinion on Line appearance keys )

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I think somehow we got off track. When the customer receives calls and goes to put them on Hold, after her 2nd call the hold button disappears, meaning it is not there for her to press and she cannot put the 3rd call on hold no matter what she does. Why would it disappear?

Actually your question was answered. You have 3 call appearances and you are using all 3 call appearances. You need those call appearances to do just about anything so because they are all used you can't do what you want. Reserve the last call appearance (which is what you said you would do) and report back if that does not fix the issue.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

The Hold button still disappears as per the customer, Reserve CA is enabled and I have added a total of 6 appearances on her phone.

Turn off auto display waiting call Features>Call Settings> Auto display waiting call>off will solve your problem. Reserve last CA has nothing to do with it. on the 9608

even if that does fix it why would they want that waiting call info to disappear?

It gives him what he asked for. It still shows the number in the next call appearance. I don't design this stuff, if I did it would work as customers expect not as engineers who have never stepped foot in an end user's environment think it should.

Joe, they dont want it to disappear, it is disappearing when they receive calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back