Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HNTN (area code) from CLID not being sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q6600

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2008
US
Im running into a strange problem. On our outgoing caller ID, sometimes our PBX is sending a 10 digit number (like it should) but most of the time its only sending a 7 digit number (whats in HLCL) We only have 1 CLID which is as follows (numbers changed for anonymity):

REQ: prt
TYPE: CLID
CUST 0
SIZE 256
RNGE

INTL

ENTRY 0
HNTN 999
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN NO
HLCL 8882222
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

I have not been able to tell what extensions / sets are actually sending 10 digits because I am not keen enough to know how to find logs etc. This information was passed on to me by our carrier. (they state that most all out going calls the pbx is sending "8882222" but once in a while "9998882222" is sent)

In all of my tests (calling other sources from multiple phones) I only see 7 digits sent.

Does anyone know what might cause this?

Also - would it be bad practice or acceptable to blank out HNTN and send the full 10 digits in HLCL?

Thanks for any help.

This is how mine is set and it works.
ENTRY 0
HNTN 360
ESA_HLCL 7543800
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN NO
HLCL 7543800
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

The only thing you have different is a 7 digit in ESA_HLCL (For emergency calls)

I updated that but still only get 7 digits going out. Weird. [ponder]

Try this config. This also works.

ENTRY 1
HNTN 360
ESA_HLCL 754
ESA_INHN YES
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 754
DIDN YES
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

Eddie's last suggestion is going to send out the DID numbers.

DO you only have one route? Maybe you have another CLID table setup?

We do not want to send out the DID numbers. We want just the main billing number to go out on all outgoing calls (I have CLS CLBA on a few sets to keep them blocked)

I do not believe we have another table. When I print CLID in LD 21 for RNGE I leave blank. If I put any sort of number in I get nothing but "INTL" If I put in 0 I get what I think is our only table.

When doing a prt of a TN all the keys with DN's have 0 at the end of them, I have never seen anything but a 0. (ie key 00 scr 3010 0 marp)

I haven't tired this yet but was considering it just to see what happens...

Would this break anything or be bad in anyway?

ENTRY 0
HNTN
ESA_HLCL 9998882222
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN NO
HLCL 9998882222
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

Thanks for the feedback thus far...

That will provide you 10-digit number, but you original way would have too. It won't hurt to try it. You can build another CLID and assign only that Entry to your your phone and test.

I tried it and it worked.

Once again to clarify, CLID 0 only sends out 7 digits. Newly created CLID 1 sends out 10 properly. Just for kicks I changed CLID 0 to having blank HNTN and 10 digits in HLCL, works fine. Bizarre.

ENTRY 0
HNTN 999
ESA_HLCL 8882222
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN NO
HLCL 8882222
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

ENTRY 1
HNTN
ESA_HLCL 9998882222
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN NO
HLCL 9998882222
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

Thanks everyone for the help.

Good news and bad news. Bad news is this did not work, it breaks things bad sometimes when dialing another area code. (depending on the carrier)

Good news is here is what I have found out.. when using a proper CLID table, we pass 10 digits when we SEND 10 digits. ie if I call a local number using only 7 digits, only 7 are sent, and the other party reads the prefix as the area code.

If I dial 1 + area code + number, our caller ID goes out fine, even with a local number.

What would cause this and how to fix?

Thanks.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks again for any help.

If you always want to send the main billing number, your carrier(s) should be able to do that for you.
They would basically ignore anything sent to them, and output your main billing number.

30n30w

But what then about sets that need to be blocked? (CLS CLBA)

I would suspect that you'll need to talk to your carrier about the privacy flag on a call-by-call basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back