Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath3800 CBSAP interface down when STMI2 card is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzuki Yota

Technical User
Mar 30, 2020
MV
I have installed a STMI2 (HG1500) card on my HiPath 3800 system. As soon as the STMI2 card boots up ethernet interface on CBSAP card goes down.
I'm unable to access the system through Manager E. But I can access HG1500 web interface.
Both cards have same IP address range. What could be the issue here?

Thanks

Does the motherboard have a LIM?

What is the IP of the LIM on the motherboard?
What is the IP of the HG1500?

Siemens/Unify - Hipath 3000, Openscape Office and Openscape Business.

Now I have changed HG1500 IP to another range.
IP on LIM is 192.168.70.100
IP on HG1500 is 192.168.31.6

To transfer config through Manager E, I have to reset HG1500 via web interface and wait for LIM to respond. Once HG1500 backs online LIM goes down.

Once you are using the HG1500 that becomes the primary LAN connection for the system.
Capture_iqdexp.png

If I change protocol to HIP, will I still be able to access through same IP address specified on LAN interface?

If you are using the Hg1500 you just access the system via manager e using the IP of the HG

I'm unable to access via Manager E using IP of HG1500. It says "The attempt to connect was rejected".
But I can access HG1500 Web UI. Default route is set there.

In that case you need to change your IP access to HIP.

I already have changed IP Access to HIP.
Now I'm unable to access using IP of LIM even if I reset HG1500 board.

Suzuki Yota,
configure the IP address for STMI and Hipath 3800 separately in same subnet. Make sure both IPs are reachable from your PC.
Access Hipath 3800 through its IP address via manager "E" and STMI by internet explorer.
the IP Access configured to "HIP forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back