Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High Latency and Packet Loss Cycle (IP500v2 + IP DECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertrendle

Technical User
May 17, 2011
GB
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem too, or could offer any advice.

We have an IP500v2 and Release 8.1.85

The system suffers from high latency (anywhere from 1000ms to 3000ms) and packet loss, however the issue seems to 'cycle'

1 - For ~8 hours the system is fine and responds well (as do all the Base Stations)
2 - After ~8 hours is up, you see a 'saw tooth' pattern in ping responses (i.e responses shoot up to 1000ms, then 3000ms and back down again)
3 - This pattern continues for ~8 minutes and then the system will no longer respond to a ping
4 - Once the system stops responding to a ping, the DECT handsets and IP Handsets have a 30s delay when pressing a button or trying to answer a call
5 - During this cycle, it's only the IP500v2 Control Unit that displays an error, all Base Stations + IP Phones respond to a ping as normal (1-10ms with no loss)

We have :-

1 - Replaced the IP500v2 Control Unit
2 - Performed Network Checks
3 - Put the IP500v2 + DECT + IP Phones on their own network

We haven't :-

1 - Defaulted the Config (when swapping the CCU, we moved the SD Card across)
2 - Defaulted the Base Stations

What version are you running?
At what time does this happen?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi Peter

8.1.85 + it happens about 8 hours after a power-cycle (so it's not bias to a time as such)

I have seen the same behaviour on 8.1
We have replaced everything and totally reprogrammed the system.
Nothing worked. In the end an upgrade to 9.0 fixed it.

BAZINGA!

Cheers Peter, we'll give that a go today and I'll let you know the result

You do need a license when you upgrade to 9.0!
Keep that in mind.

BAZINGA!

I saw that something happened with the SD card write.
You can see this in monitor.

Open monitor and go to -> Filters -> Trace options.
Select -> System and then select -> Development options.
Then go to -> Status and select -> Performance data.
Then on the bottom there are fields for SD card write and read.

When i saw this problem then the SD card write went sky high.

BAZINGA!

We fixed the same problem by upgrading the handsets firmware. Still on 8.1.91

Bason, if he has the same issue as i did then it is not a handset firmware problem.
The IPO seems to be busy for around 5 till 10 minutes with something and it becomes unresponsive hence the high ping times.

BAZINGA!

Unfortunately the upgrade didn't fix the issue.

However, the IP DECT Base Stations were in 3 separate clusters (as some are out of Air-Sync Range) and we've found one that was set up to be used with an ACM rather than an IPO. Ping has been stable for sometime since changing this, however we're still monitoring and won't know until the end of the day.

I am seeing the same issue on IP500v2 8.1.69. I have a ucm so I logged into the command line and ran a ping to 169.254.0.1. 526ms ping time.

WE-KNOW-IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back