Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hidding / Filtering Subprojects in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

0sprey

Technical User
May 9, 2015
CA
I have a Project 2010 Master project that contains two (2) Subprojects.

What is the best method to hide the Subprojects from both the Gantt and Task Sheet view of the Master project ?

I have tried at some Custom filtering however cannot find a method to filter the out.

KMD
Canada

I'm not following why a filter doesn't work. Drop in a Flag field and set the Flag on the tasks you wish to show to "yes". Then filter for only "yes". An autofilter should work just fine.

Thanks for this this Julie...
I add the flag field (and set to YES for all Tasks in the MasgterProject) and filter as you describe.
I was thinking that there may be a field already in the standard configuration of either the MasterProject or the SubProject, already existing, that I could filter on.... but perhaps that is not the case.
KMSD

There is a subproject File field but it only shows data for the inserted summary line. Filtering on that would still leave the subtasks. I think the Flag field is easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back