Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hicom PhoneMail won't come up after database reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darveesh

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2005
US
I recently used the MAINTAIN menu to reset the database in our Phonemail (v 1.03). Now, the device just shows cadence 3 (LED blinks 3 times after a long pause). I didn't think i needed to change anything on the HiCom OfficeCom itself, but I double checked the ports to be of type PhoneMail. When I ring the extension, the call just rings and rings. Is there a some sort of a step I am missing after a database reset to get the HiCom officecom to talk to the Phonemail? Thanks.

Are you able to access the PhoneMail, program it, etc?

I assume because you were asking 150 questions that this is either an Office Phonemail PC-sized box, or a built-in card type of unit?

If you have access to the PhoneMail I would start by confirming your interface configuration on the PHONEMAIL side matches what you need to the switch. I don't know if by resetting the database you mean wiping it and restoring a backup, or completely wiping it and starting over, but if you did the latter there are probably node parameters and stuff that need to be set back up.

No I am not able to access the Phonemail prompts. As i mentioned, when i dial the VM1/VM2 extensions, the phone just rings. The Phonemail is external and conencted via 2 ports to the HiCom. In Assitant E the extensions show as Optiset E (vs No Port) so it's seeing something. But the unit itself doesn't get to Normal mode (fast blinking LED light). It's stuck at cadence 3.

Ps: not trying to restore from a backup. Just wiping it clean and making sure it can connect and be setup.

What command did you type

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

You mean to reset the database? I went under the Maintainance Menu (Option 8) then chose Option 50.

I held the reset/diagnostic button for 4-5 seconds... after that it went into Cadence 1. Left it like that for a while longer and it eventually booted compelety up with fast/normal blinking LED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back