Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hicom 300 e set time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2022
US
started a new job and have a hicom300 e with very little documentation.
the operator station looks like an old DOS Pc, the ext is 200, after some i tried the *95 from that station but didn't get anywhere. Does anyone know how to get into the date and time settings? in the phone room i have a pc with LC-win but didn't see any sytem wide settings in the menus...

thanks

Hi Atomm,

I believed that PC is the AC2 Attendant Console,

By any chance, do you have a pc that has a direct connection to your hicom300?

Best
Hertz

There are 2 Pcs in the phone room.. one looks like it goes to the phone mail, it has trucall accountant on the desktop and some pansi.kbs files.... The other pc has lc-win, which i can get into for changing station info, and procomm +, which comes up to a 9420a21 Login: , havent found this log in info yet for that program.

The Hicom 300 can't be programmed from a phone, the Hipath 3000 is, and I believe is the way to change the time ands date with *95 + password to log in. I think the AMO for the 9006 (Hicom 300) is CHA-DATE? The time option may be within that, sorry I can't be more definite.

You need comwin and a serial/ip connection to the systems ADP/ADS to issue any commands.
For changing date/time you need to use CHA-DATE...

I never used Comwin with the 9006, just Procomm. Probably Comwin would be more available these days than Procomm. I recall if Unix was down connecting to the RMX port at 4800, 7 E 1, and unlike the Unix port, it was a straight instead of Null serial connection. I think I had to remap the associated keyboard with the Procomm RMX connection to where enter was Ctrl+C? Hopefully you won't need to deal with that.

An important thing to do with those 9006s, check the status of the auto-backups which I did weekly. Older system's backups started failing routinely due to deterioration of the DATs. Hopefully new blank and cleaning tapes are still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back