Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiCom 150E Factory Reset - How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darveesh

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2005
US
Our system doesn't seem to boot up properly any longer - all the phones are blank and the LEDs on the main card seems to be looping through a sequence. I think this happened when I last did an "overwrite" save via Manager E perhaps corrupting something. Is there a way to factory reset the hiCom 150E?

There is a reset button near the flashcard on the maincard. press this one for around 30 sec.

But be prepared. you'll probably set the right country code before you can send back a backup.

This is done on the phone connected the the very first port. logging in with 2 times 31994. (change the password to the one you are using in you backup otherwise you still can't put the config back).

Menu option 29-5-1 to change country settings

If you have version 3.0 of the software (AKA Hicom 150H 1.0) after pressing and holding the above switch you can try the following from your switchroom phone:

* 4 8 1 2 (Sets PHONE to English)
3 1 9 9 4 (User ID)
3 1 9 9 4 (Password)
3 1 9 9 4 (Set new Password - AKA leave it the same)
3 1 9 9 4 (Confirm New Password)
2 9 (choose system menu #29)
--> (Scroll right to Init)
(choose your desired country from the list, and save)

On one of the older versions, possibly 2.0, from the switchroom phone you can do:

* 9 5
3 1 9 9 4
7 8 1 1 0 3 7 0 (for United States)

That's all I have written down from my previous 2 lessons learned... :eek:)

This reset button... can you give me more description about it's location and look? The only thing I seem to find next to the flash card (in the middle of the board) is a little black thing with a blue little "stick" coming out. Is that the reset switch? If you have a pic it'd be super helpful... thanks.

In the meantime (since I can't seem to locate a "button" on the CBFC to reset), I pulled out the cards hoping to reset something... The first phone now does power up however the display just shows "Trunk to:*". I tried *95, 31994, 31994 but it gave me incorrect password error. I tried connecting via Manager E, and it couldn't connect either - gave me Logon Rejected.... something seems corrupted. I went on the phone and used the menus to view the Directory and it shows user names, but with garbled characters... I think that "overwrite" check did me in... Anyhow, any help you can provide to reset and move on would be appreciated.

Can't tell with the image - it doesn't display.

The reset switch is a flat handled blue switch on the processor board about 1/2 long that is spring loaded (it doesn't 'click' on and off). You will have to push it down. If you FLIP it a reboot is kicked off, and if you hold it down for 2 - 3 seconds is will wipe the memory of the system and default everything (back to German).

Your overwrite probably did you in as you say, BUT, the funny thing is that when you reload the system the first time after holding down the reset button you SHOULD use overwrite because it will copy on the exact state of the system at the time you made the file. If you don't use overwrite it will still be fine, but will not always have manually entered call forwarding settings, etc that the users set themselves from their phones.

You are going to have to scrub and reload the switch because your memory image seems to be corrupted. It is a good idea to never use overwrite unless you are in the process of upgrading the system or need to scrub it for some reason, and then you should try to make your backup right before you begin the procedure. If the file you overwrote onto the system was pretty old there could have been some conflicts between the old and new settings that are causing your problem...

Thank you. So the blue stick/flap is it. My next problem, is that the switch spring load seems to be broken. I.e. the blue stick moves about freely and is not pegged to one side as I presume it should :( I am going to have to ask for a miracle to try to get a reset. So that I get the direction straight, with the unit mounted on the wall, is the normal postition of the blue stick up or down? That way I know which way to go for 2-3 second wipe...

Ps: Alternatively, the switch in question has 3 legs/pins into the main card. I assume 2 pins are normally connected (with the stick in the normal position) and the act of flipping connects the common pin to the 3rd one, completing a circuit that iniates the reboot/reset. Do you think it's wise to try to make the connection using wires on the card directly to initate the reset if I can't get the switch to work properly?

Used a couple tiny screw drivers and was able to "flip" the switch! It reset to German. Went through the above steps for 3.0 (even though I am running 2.2) and chose USA. It rebooted in German and all is well. Thanks.

Sorry I don't usually check in here over the weekend unless I'm bored, compounded by the fact that I was off Friday to move my home/computers and had no access for part of that anyway....

Up is the normal position and down would be the direction you need to go for the reset or reload. If you want a reset you wold need to push it down and then immediately pull it up.

I'm glad everything worked out, but that whole screwdriver thing kinda scares me... Fortunately that board is only around $300 if you would have blown it up! :eek:)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back