Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hicom 150 Qsig 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equinoxzc

IS-IT--Management
Apr 11, 2005
GB
HI

2 sites next to each other each with a hicom 150. They need to be connected together for internal call transfer between sites.

I have been asked to check is there is suitable cable between the two sites ( approx 800 metres apart )

It is possible that I will find copper pairs between sites but no cat5 or fibre.

Question 1) For Qsig My understanding is that I need to find 4 wires (2 copper pairs). These pairs will not be shielded as in Cat 5 as they are standard telephone copper. Is this going to cause me problems?

Question 2 ) I am fairly experienced with Hicom but have not configured Qsig. Any potential config issues I may come across?

Many thanks for reading. If you can help with even a swift yes or no answer I'd be really happy :)

HI.
You it will use coaxial? The Cornet between the central offices can configure or if to prefer creates a LCR of a central office for the other, only for internal access and another one for access the trunks.

Greetings!

Thanks for the advice Sunweb.

The distance across the private land was too far for copper wire pairs.

Yes similar to your kind response, I requested the CO to provide a lease line pipe for the Qsig signalling. It is more expensive for the customer to rent this than using on-site cables, but couldn't find an alternative.

DTM over their IP required an extra hardware appliance cost which the customer cant afford.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back