Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HG Calls Not Following Overflow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
All,

I have a Hunt Group (Collective Call Waiting) that is set to ring a group of people for 3 rings and then present the Queue.

After an Additional 45 Seconds the caller is presented with the Still Queue.

This Hunt Group also has an overflow (Overflows to their other location over an SCN)

The Overflow time is set to 20 seconds. The call will not follow this overflow. Suggestions?

you did program the overflow in the 1st hunt group overflow tab right

1_qf2ycr.png

2_pvbmbw.png

3_q2ymk5.png

joe2938: This is the first time I have ran into a Hunt Group Using Both. I thought the same thing. However - If I uncheck Queuing and Announcements, it still fails to Overflow.

4_avbmjb.png

just curious, are you able to dial the group extension for the overflow hunt group and get there?

joe2938: I will have the customer do so and report back. I have her dialing over the SCN.

set the no answer time in the first tab to 20 seconds.

Otherwise the call will overflow after 30 seconds.

Because after the 20 seconds on the overflow tab, first the 'next' no anwer time has to be completed.. (hope you understand what I mean..)

I thought no answer timer was on for sequential hunt groups?

Okay,

It's the only thinhg I can think of.

The announcements and queuing has nothing to do with it.

I always use this at customers with more company's and one reception.

ICR A to huntgroup A > overflow 1 second to reception group.

ICR B to huntgroup B > overflow 1 second to reception group.

Both A and B will hear the correct announcements and even the softconsole shows different queue's for comp A and B.

I do now realize that queuing has nothing to do with his issue after a little research, but am wondering if they have some sort of SCN issue as the overflow group is across the SCN. So curious if site a can call the overflow group at site b.

Create the overflow group on the same system as the first group and add the remote users to the overflow group do not forget to enable "advertize group".

If SCN would not be working, you can't select the huntgroup as the overflow destination.

Update From Customer - They Can Indeed Dial over the SCN and the Hunt Group (Overflow) Rings.

do as Intrigrant suggested earlier, build the overflow on the same site as the primary hunt group then add the site b members to it as he suggested, overflows going across an scn sometimes are tricky

I made a Test Hunt Group with a Test User Forwarded to my office as the Overflow - Still failed to follow the overflow.

Let me also add - this did at one point work. As far as I am aware, no new programming changes were made. All I can think of now is perhaps re-boot both systems or delete and re-create the parent hunt group.

I would try the reboot 1st you can also set it to a timed reboot

did you try changing the noanswer timer on the first page to 20 seconds (to be same as overflow timer). Please try.

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back