Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HG BLF button issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow181

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2005
CA
HI

Just completed an install of an SCN with IP500v2's and 96xx sets

The receptionist has brought an issue to our attention which surprisingly hasn't come sooner.

When you use a programmed BLF key to transfer a call to a Hunt Group you get an approx. 3 second delay before the complete key comes up. I believe this happens do to the key having to be programmed as a "dial"
Does anyone have a different way to program the key?
A key programmed as a HG key is only an appearance / answer key.

Thanks

Thanks Amriddle01

But dial ext isn't an option in button programming :(

Then create a shortcode type dial extension and put the shortcode under the key type dial.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Try to put in Enable_OTT on the users source numbers.
This will speed things up.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks tlpeter

We were thinking of trying that

The short code won't work because it uses a dial as well
I believe the prOblem is the system is waiting for the dial timeout hence the delay

Will ott work on HGs?
I will test later before we try it at site

I suppose the group is on a remote site? Then do the following:
Program a key like this: Action "Dial" action data "*99"
Shortcode *99, Action "Dial", Action data "Groupnumber", Line ID "Outgoing ID of the line going to the remote system where the group resides"

A simple mind delivers great solutions

HI

Thanks for the advice guys.

But none of these will solve our issue though we will try the OTT

To recap issue is local.
When you program a user to a blf key the system when you transfer will display right away the complete softkey because this is a system feature key
When you program a BLF to dial a HG you don't have a system feature to do this. So when you program it as a dial the system will wait for the timers to time out before you get the complete action.

I will reach out to tech for a possible solution

Thanks

Lower the dial delay count to match extn length, means you can't overlap extns and external numbers though, no problem if you dial 9 for outside anyway :)

Put a # after the HG number in the number field of the short-code. This will bypass the delay count and send the number immediately.

Diz

ACA-IP Office Implement
ACS-IP Office Implement

Thanks Again,

Just tested with the client, they are happy with the result :)

NP. Anytime you are dialing out an Avaya system, you can follow up the last digit with the # and it will make the call immediately. FYI.

Have a good one!
Diz

ACA-IP Office Implement
ACS-IP Office Implement

Or make it an emergency call :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back