Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hey, clipper programmers !!! 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAstrada

Programmer
Sep 20, 2000
For years Clipper was OUR language proramming tool.

But now is March 2001. Windows came to this world to stay......for years. And visual languages came to this world to stay.........for years.

What can we do ? Vb ? don't like. Visual Fox ? nice!!, but the things goes far away: The Web, that seems to be the "environment" for all thing that we must do.

But, the answer about what tool, or tools to "catch", seems, to me, for years a Clipper developer, a "black hole" in the mind.

I'd like to learn about yours options !! regards. Gustavo.

For Bismir:
I used dbsee for years (some years ago). Now, i read yuor post about dbsee for Xbase, but i think the producer is out of business. Do you know how can i obtain the xbase templates?
Thanks for your help.

No, Lou-fsdino. Think you are in another forum. Here we are trying to survive our Clipper (and our for years programming point of view). This involves, of course, the priority behavoir of the OS in use... Not idea about where to obtain xbase templates.
Regards, and good luck !!

For Lou-fsindo.

I don't know if producer out of business. Old templates you can't move in Windows. Please visit and you can get all informations you need.
Also, I have 4.6 version for DOS and I plan to buy new version for Alaska Xbase++ . Do you have bl5win.tmp file in your tmp\clipper5 directory. I have also Fivewin 2.0d version and I try to link my programs with Fivewin. I think it is possible but I need some LIBs. Do you know how ?

I heared elsewhere that Win 2000 doesn't fully support our Clipper (far away that the known fact that we must migrate for the latest version of Blinker), and the only REALLY solution is WIN XP.

Anyone had experienced that problem?
regards.

Hi bismir

email me at ee45678@yahoo.com

I maybe able to help with your FiveWin problems.

-regards

I migrated to win2k and my clipper app couldn't open more than 2 files at the same time. After doing some research I couldn't find a solution but this forum. I now open at most 2 files at a time and survive.

regards,

Hey Ercu,

what do you mean you can't open more than 2 files? do you mean 2 exe clip files? or 2 data file?

I have a clipper app running on win2k server with 18 stations, running win2k pro and winME?
do you need help?
let me know?

I went over to Xbase++ with Express++. The transition was reasonably easy and I was able to re-compile all my old Clipper Code with a few minor changes. The only problem was that I had to fixup all my sloppy code (bad habits).

Developing Windows applications are great and the people at Express++ (Roger and Co) are fantastic and very helpfull.

Cheers!
F.J.C Moolman

Dear Frans1: Although I've not sure about the migration path choice, could you give me some contact about Xbase++ and Express++.? Think I not live in the US. Maybe not so easy. I write this lines becouse yours is not the first point of view I've heared. Seems that this software combination works.
Regards.

hi, anybody know about a clipper 2 java conversion tool? I would really appreciate any info on this issue.
Thankz

Hi GAstrada

email me at ee45678@yahoo.com

I will give you a link for Xbase++.

-regards

Hi there,

ive been using clipper 5.2 for almost 4 years and what i expirience is that win2k is much stable environment, provided that you specify your program path and setting in the enviroment setting

Regards

The official site is

They can send to you a full demo CD if you fill the request form (look for it at their web site)

They are located in Germany and they send it to me (in Mexico).

Best regards...

The official site of xbase++ is:

They can send to you a full demo CD if you fill the request form (look for it at their web site)

They are located in Germany and they send it to me (in Mexico). It arrives 3 weeks later.

Best regards...

I LOVE CLIPPER ...

but why... it has to end this way ?

Almost all of my programs use Clipper code
.... but it seems that I have to move on...
Don't be discourage guys, girls...
There'll be a Better software... in the future...
but why my clipper ?

so sorry

Edp_78
Long Live Clipper

Question?

I love clipper, I have been using it for 7 years. But, as all of you guys know, I have to migrate, which I really don't want to do that, but I have to.
So, what is better for Database applications? VFP6.0 or Xbase++?

Please Let me know!
Thanx a Million
Long Live Clipper :)
TeknoSDS
akoumaiha@hotmail.com

VFP6.0 is a great choice, but, you know, Fox was purchased some years ago by Microsoft, and inclouded VFP in his Visual Studio. But I guess that Microsoft is going to "kill" VFP, and enhance his Visual Basic and other components of Visual Studio.

So, Alaska++ seems, there, in EEUU, to be, at least, an independent software house.

What do you think, guys ??

Hi ,
Xbase++ is the future for Clipper , try to re-compiler your clipper code with Xbase++ , and you .... !

For those who are interested... dBsee for Xbase++ is alive and in development!
ISA (the software house that started the project many years ago) has recently been acquired by Genuinity and sold all the rights on dBsee to Albalog s.r.l. (
The site will be updated asap

For further info contact m.cherubini@albalog.com or supportx@dbsee.com

Hope this help
Simone Degl'Innocenti
(dBsee developer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back