Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HelpDesk Program ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

netwalker1

Programmer
Feb 5, 2000
EG
Dear All :
I want to setup a support center in my company ..
And I need to reply to any email to my support@mycompany.com address with an auto reply with the ticket number ...

also I want to manage the support ticket , and the time it took to solve the problem..

Can you help me , and advise a software to do this ?

Mohamed Farid
[green]Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!![/green]
CCNP,CCA,MCSE,MCSA

Do u now any 3rd party application ??

Mohamed Farid
CCNP,CCA,MCSE,MCSA

Netwalker1...

There are lots of products out there, but it depends on your budget!

Footprints is a very comprehensive solution (but expensive), you can download a 30 day trial:

Remedy:

Touchpaper:

Sunrise:

There are others but cant think of them off the top of my head...

Cheers

Hi,
Theres a freeware one called RT
Its freely downloadadle. I can vouch that its a dream to use however I've never installed it or configured it.

Looking for the best answers:
faq222-2244
Keeping your system clear of malware:
faq608-4650
Dont forget to post back with the eventual resolution.

I've set up two helpdesks running with Track-IT originally by Blue Ocean Software, now by Intuit. The first help desk was created in 96' so that's how long this software has been around. I also did an eval on one of the more updated versions of the software in 2000 for a helpdesk site I ran. I like the program because it has asset management capabilities as well as a support ticket system.

I don't know what the pricing is like now but a 5 user license was once $400 plus $100 for each additional and I am sure they have volume discounts.

I'm going to throw my vot in for Magic. I have worked with several versions that have been around for at least 6 years(the first version I worked with was version 6 and that was 5 years ago). It has the full sweet of help desk abilities, tickets, asset tracking, work orders and its completely web enabled so you can close calls and check open ones from anywhere in your Network)

I've got to throw in a vote against Magic, then :)

We changed from an in-house Notes application to Magic. It has some good features, but the one major sticking point is that we don't have the ability to full-text search the calls. With Notes we could search all of the fields at once. With Magic, the description and solution fields can't be searched at all. Selected calls to get published to the knowledge base and searched from there, but we really need to be able to search ALL calls.

I was trying to create an auto reply system with ticketing number generation system ..

I didn't find any of these software the ability to do this with an easy way !!!

Any help ?

Mohamed Farid
CCNP,CCA,MCSE,MCSA

About 20 minutes of programming time under CRM.

I really think you need to pay for a consultant on this one.

advise , to whom shoudl I ask or contact ?

Mohamed Farid

Look at techsupportgirl's post, Track-IT is a great helpdesk product that has built in email generating responses. It also have a very nice Web-based component for people to login and track the status of their tickets and they can also add tickets from the web.

---------------------------------------

I used TrackIT and it does everything you described in your posts. It has worked really well for us. Hope this helps in our decision. there are a lot of products out there.

DMen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back