Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with setting up AA on new Partner system

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrobe

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2004
US
I have a customer that I am replacing an old Panasonic switch with a new Avaya Partner 509 R7 processor. I have a Large Mailbox VM PC Card R-3.0.

This client used the old Panasonic as a key-system in that the inbound calls rang at all extensions. The old system was without voice mail as well.

Of the nine extensions on the new system, only 5 of them need voice mail, so in the default voice mail configuration which is 8 mailboxes, I should be good, but read below and let me know if I should reconfigure for 10.

I want to propose a configuration to my client, but wanted to make sure that I could do the proposed actions prior to promising it and not being able to carry through afterwards.

They have four inbound lines. The first three lines roll off an 800-number and the fourth is their vendor call-in line, for schleps like myself.

I would like to use the VM auto attendant to answer all incoming calls and have a greeting that states something like,

Thanks for calling XYZ Corp, if you know you’re parties extension please enter it now.
For this Month’s Sales Specials press 5,
For Sales press 6,
For Customer Service press 7,
For Contact Information press 8

Their extensions are 10-18 so the selector code 1 will be direct extension transfer. And the remaining selector codes should be available.

Selector code 5, will need to go directly to a mailbox with an appropriate On-Sale greeting without an option to leave a message

Selector code 6, will need to ring at probably 6 of the 9 extensions and if not answered go to a mailbox with a greeting that may or may not be allowed to leave a message.

Selector code 7, will need to ring at probably 6 of the 9 extensions and if not answered go to a mailbox with a greeting that may or may not be allowed to leave a message.

Selector code 8, will need to ring at probably 6 of the 9 extensions and if not answered go to a mailbox with a greeting that may or may not be allowed to leave a message.

For selector codes 6-8 I don’t think I want to use hunt groups as the owner would prefer the call to ring on all applicable extensions immediately so any office staff could immediately grab it. Is this the role of a call group? If so what do I need to look at in the manual?

For line 4, is it possible to give it a different ring tone than the first three lines and still have it work with the above configuration? It might be nice to have an audible difference for when they're short staffed and busy doing something else, which would allow them to ignore the vendor-line (4) and keep working on something else.

Last thing I know that they used on the old Panasonic is a paging feature. Is it possible for me to setup a programmable button on each extension that when pressed will call each extension and broadcast? People are all over the place in this business, even though the employee’s usually number 5 they can be anywhere within the office or warehouse at any point. So I would like the ability for the office person to broadcast to all and say Joe pickup line 2 and he can then grab line 2 on the nearest handset.

I think that is the rough strokes if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to offer them.

Thanks.

That is alot of programming for a novice. I suggeast you call in a vendor to help you set this up correctly and to give you some training on the phone system and voicemail as well.

We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..

Well I am not that much of a novice... :) I have managed two other Partner setups in the past, but this would be the first one that may actually make use of some "advanced to me" features. I imagine I could slog through it, but before I even attempt to I am hoping to find out I am right in my thinking or if there is a system limitation that prevents me from doing things as described.

The menu with selector codes is most important.
The page all is the second most important.
The ring tone is hardly a significant thing and may not be worth the effort, but I figure I'd probably ask seen as it could be just an option or two that needs changing.

Yes you can can make the selector codes go to the desired paging groups. These groups are programmed through #502 and are 71 - 74.

Feature 00 at extension 10 with a display phone.
Left Intercom button twice.
1 for the first paging group.
Enter the extension #
Press 1 to assign.
Enter Feature 00 to exit.
Repeat steps for every extension you want to be in paging group.

Look at this programming guide for the Partner Voice Messaging PC card:

Unique line ringing:
Feature 00 at extension 10 with a display phone.
Left Intercom button twice.
04 for line 4
Dial 1 - 8 listening to the different rings.
Enter Feature 00 to exit programming.

You are going to have issues covering the group calls to a mailbox with that voicemail.If it was only one selector code going to one group with coverage to voicemail there is a work around. You would need an open extension port and an open c.o. port. To do what you want you'll need to upgrade to a Partner Messaging R7.SearchTouchToneTommy's posts for exact instructions for the work around.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will research the responses later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back