Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with NAM,PRI,line, and phone config.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymeq123

MIS
Nov 6, 2002
US
(NAM4, MICS5)I've got a PRI coming in. On the target lines I assign them private to the extension with 3 ring only appearances. The ext. is set to forward to NAM on no answer, no forward when busy and 3 intercoms. Target line is set to PRIME when busy with NAM as the prime. When all three intercoms are taken up, a DID call to the ext. goes to the AA and not to the extension's voicemail. Can I get it to go to the VM instead of the AA? If I switch the target line's prime to the extension number instead of NAM, the call comes back with "You call did not go through....."

Any ideas.

Thanks,
J

The only suggestion is to make 4 appearences on the set forward to the NAM dn no answer and make the prime set for that line the same as the dn of that set.

Thanks for the suggestion but no luck. I'm assuming I understood you correctly. I did this.......

4 "ring only" appears for target line. "If busy" is "to prime" (on target line) w/prime as DN for EXT. Terminal has 3 intercoms (for the 4 appearances) with FWD no ans going to NAM.

Same problem. "Your call did not go through......"

Make sure your System Parameter Redirect is set to NO OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Try and give it one or two more intercom paths sounds like the DID can not reach the set for one reason or another.

I've got 3 intercoms already. I'm just trying to get VM to answer instead of the AA if the phone has all three intercoms busy.

Make sure your System Parameter Redirect is set to NO OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I usualy put the DID to appear and ring and 2 intercoms and sometimes a third.
You have said FWD busy=NO so since your intercoms are busy is why you cannot do what you want.
What we need is a Forward If Im Realy Busy option lol
spoclogo2.jpg

curly, That would be nice! I think I'm stuck here because I do not want the call to go to VM if there are 2 more intercoms available. I wonder if version 6 would help with this?????

Maybe I don't understand here but if you gave it another path to come in on then let it ring it would then go to VM via forward no answer, I think that is your only option?

Yes that should work but they already have three intercoms. Adding another does not "fix" the situation. If all 4 intercoms were in use the same would happen. At least that is what it seems like.....

That may be what we do. I know that is alot of calls to handle. It is a situation that may never happen. It just seems weird that I cannot send these calls to VM if all intercoms are taken. We don't want the calls to go to VM if the phone is in use with just one conversation so that is why fwd on busy won't work for us. Then again that will only work if the person answers the call on the second intercom like they are supposed to. Hopefully it will be a condition that does not happen often.

Thank you everyone for your help. This is a wonderful forum. I have learned much from you all (and will continue to) and you guys have saved my butt a couple of times. Its great that I have found a place with so many knowledgable people at my fingertips willing to help. Whoever started and runs this site (and participates) should be congratulated. I hope to one day contribute. I am a PC person so maybe I should checkout the other forums here. Maybe I could help there.

thanks again, you guys ROCK!!!

J

I'm having the exact same problem with MICS 6.1 and NAM 4.1. Except I'm using 2 intercoms, with 3 ring only appearances. I thought I had it working at one time during this new system setup. I've tried everything. If busy to Prime, which I've set to local DN also NAM DN. But nothing.. system AA. Also in referring to SYSTEM PARAMETER REDIRECT is that the same DRT Prime? If not where is SYSTEM REDIRECT? Did you get your situation to work?
Thanks for you help guys, you've been great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back