Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP with IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnmainiac

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2005
US
The Ip office I'm working on is stuck at this point on boot
IP403 Loader 0.81 (4MB-2xLV160 Flash-120nS SDRAM-10)
CPU Revision 0x0502
|
I did AT-X to erase due to no one had the password.
AT-X2
AT-X3
did not reset password to default.

Any ideas of where to go from here? I'm new to working w/ IP office.

403 is the only system that you need to do s AT-X4. THIS IS FOR THE 403 ONLY!

So it will go something line
AT = ok
Then AT-X2 (Some hex stuff erase)
Then AT-X3 (Some hex stuff erase)
Then AT-X4 (some hex stuff erase)

The AT-X last

Follow this process.

Erasing the Operational Software
Do not perform this process unless absolutely necessary. If you want to upgrade the software, this can be done via the Upgrade tool in the Manager application (File | Advanced | Upgrade).
This process erases the operational software and system configuration. Before attempting this process you must know the MAC and IP addresses of the system, plus have a backup copy of its configuration and the correct .bin file for the Control Unit type and level of software.
1. Run Manager. In the BOOTP entries check that there is an entry that matches the MAC Address, IP Address and .bin file used by the system (the first two details can be found in the Unit settings in the system's configuration file).
2. If an entry isn't present, create a new entry. Then close and restart Manager.
3. Under File | Preferences ensure that Manager is set to 255.255.255.255.
4. Select View | TFTPLog.
5. Check that the required .bin file is present in Manager's working directory.
6. If you do not have the above information. DO NOT continue or you may end up with a non working system.
7. Attach the serial cable between the PC and the DTE port on the IP Office Control Unit.
8. Start the terminal program on your PC. Ensure that it has been setup as listed in "DTE Port Settings".
9. Arrange the program windows so that the Terminal program and Manager TFTP Log are visible at the same time.
10. Switch off power to the IP Office Control Unit.
11. Power on the Control Unit and press the escape key every second until you get a Loader message.
12. Enter AT (note upper case). The Control Unit should respond OK.
13. Enter AT-X. The Control Unit should respond Multi-Sector Erase.
14. The Control Unit will now request the .bin file it requires from Manager. This process appears in the TFTPLog.
15. When completed the system will reboot.

The one step missing is that you need to shut off all firewalls. And hard set the ip address of you computer to 192.168.42.x (I have seen IP office come up with an ip address of 192.168.42.(1 to 60 so dont use them. I like 192.168.42.11 on myself.

Make note to the section of you boot p request. If you have an IP address in then remover the IP address.

Not to make you feel bad but you can use “Snadboy” and crack the password all you need is a copy of configuration. I have had many network administrators working overtime changing passwords.

You shouldn't use the AT commands if you haven't studied EXACTLY what to do!

The AT-X is used to delete the bin-file from the box. So now you have a 403 without an "OS"..
To erase the config on the 403, the AT-X2, AT-X3 and AT-X4 commands are needed, NEVER the AT-X!

Follow nohelp4u guide to kick the 403 alive again.

That worked!! Thanks for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back