Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with decommissioning Avaya G3R

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnealtx

Technical User
Jul 26, 2013
US
Hello all -

Equipment is G3RV12, S8700, CM 2.2. We have transitioned to VOIP and need to decommission the Avaya for turn in. We are not under maintenance support / contract.

Can anyone advise the process for stripping all the data from the Avaya prior to final shutdown?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Absent any feedback, I've reverted to removing stations programmed to the EPNs.

Error message from 'remove cabinet x' command is 'cabinet has translations'. Cabinets show ports in use on maintenance, call classifier and/or announcement boards. I have removed all announcements from system (list announcements command returns blank screen), but cannot find a way to clear the ports on the maintenance, call classifier or announcement boards.

'Change circuit x' command does not allow removal of the card, due to translations. All analog/digital port cards are clear of assigned ports (all 'u').

Any help or recommendations?

Was able to remove remote PNs, now working on PPN/EPN for 'main brain'.

I have all stations removed, dial plans cleared, all trunks removed, only thing left is the PPN/EPN.

Any further recommended actions? I see in the Integrated Management webpage under the server section, there is a 'restore defaults' - would that wipe out any remaining information in the switch prior to final shutdown / removal?

Try pulling the annc and maint boards and see if they go away. At this point you have removed translations of company data so I would say why bother going any further at this point since you're turning in the system?

You may want to erase the wav files on the annc board though; deleting the announcements does not delete the files.

I'm not sure that 'restore defaults' will do what you want. Open the Help link and search for that phrase.
If you want to blank the server, restart it with the installation media to do a fresh install.

Sean - thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, I removed the associated extensions for the announcements, so no way to delete the recordings themselves.

Also, don't have the installation media - our changeover from tape to server was done by an external company on contract and they kept all the media.

I've stripped out every bit of information that I can, the only thing left if the EPN (interface and IP interface boards).

As long as the announcement board is still inserted, the erase announcement command should work.
It's been too long since I've worked on an EPN, 'remove ipserver-i' and 'remove cabinet' are probably your last commands to execute.

Thanks! The switch is now shut down and I'm removing the myriad of cables to prep for removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back